THE MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
SOCIAL MEDIA AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT TERMS THAT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. WHEN YOU SEND THE HASHTAG #AGREE TO THE MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (@VISITMOORESVILLE, @VISITRACECITY), YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT.
- You may be viewing this license agreement on a small screen. If so, here are the highlights of the License Agreement below (but please read the agreement).
- You own the Content. Nothing in this license agreement changes that.
- You are giving MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU a license to use the Content on MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU’s websites, apps, e-mail, and social media, including for promotional purposes.
- You are also giving MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU a license to use your name and image and other biographic material in conjunction with the Content.
- You have all the rights from third parties for your Content and nothing in the Content is inappropriate or defamatory.
- You are releasing MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU from any liability and you promise not to sue MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU for its use of the Content as described.
1. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
2. You represent and warrant that you (a) own and control all rights, title and interest in and to the Content you license or that you otherwise have all rights, permissions and consents necessary to post and use such Content (including, but not limited to, the right to use names, images and likenesses of any third party referenced or appearing in the Content); (b) have all rights necessary to provide MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU and its affiliates, agents, representatives, licensees and assigns with the license and rights set forth in Section 4 below; and (c) have complied with all applicable laws and regulations associated with acquiring and/or producing the Content. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Content” means photographs, text, graphics, moving images, sound, illustrations or any other materials (including any associated metadata or location information) (collectively, “Content”). For purposes of clarification, Content also includes any profile information you allow MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU to access from third party social media platforms (such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook) in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the platform.
3. You hereby grant to MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and publicly display the Content you submit, in whole or in part, on MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU’s social media accounts, on or in any digital platforms of MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU (including websites, apps and e-mail), and on third-party websites and apps for any purpose, including for promotional and publicity purposes. For purposes of clarification and not limitation, (a) this license includes, and you expressly consent to, MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU’s right to use and publicly display your name, image, likeness and persona; and (b) nothing in this license transfers your ownership of the Content to MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU. Nothing in this license requires MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU to use or publish your Content in any specific way or on a specific platform or use or publish your Content at all.
4. Any statements, remarks or claims contained or depicted in your Content will reflect your honest views and experiences. When referencing or depicting brands, products or services in your Content, you further agree to disclose any material connections you may have with MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU or other third-party brands or sellers (such as if you are an employee, paid blogger or recipient of free products/services). You also agree to provide supporting information or documentation related to these statements, remarks, claims, views and experiences at MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU’s request.
5. You understand that you will not be paid for MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU’s use of your Content as described in this License Agreement. Each of us will bear our own expenses associated with this License Agreement.
6. You agree to take any actions (including execution of documents) reasonably requested by MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU to effect, perfect or evidence the representations and/or licenses and rights set forth in this License Agreement.
7. You agree that you will not submit Content that:
– infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of another;
– includes material that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, violent, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
– displays, describes or encourages the use of a product or service that could be offensive, inappropriate or harmful to MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU or any other person or depicts the use of a product in a manner that is contrary to any instruction or warnings relating to the product;
– impinges upon or violates the publicity, privacy or data protection rights of others; or
– makes or includes false or misleading statements, claims or depictions about a person, company, product or service.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that in conjunction with the production of your Content, you have not inflicted emotional distress or abuse on other people, have not publicly humiliated other people, have not assaulted, stalked or threatened other people, have not entered onto private property without permission, have not impersonated any other person or misrepresented your affiliation, title, or authority, and have not otherwise engage in any activity that may result in injury, death, property damage, and/or liability of any kind. MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU will reject and/or remove any Content in which MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU believes, in its sole discretion, that any such activities have occurred.
8. To the fullest extent allowed by law, you agree to release, discharge and indemnify MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU and its employees, contractors, sponsors or any other person acting under MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU’s permission or authority, from any liability, claim, damage, judgment, cost, loss, expense (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), by virtue of any publication or use of the Content you submit or the name, image, likeness, persona or other information you provide in connection with such Content. You further agree to waive any rights to injunctive relief you may have in connection with this License Agreement.
9. This is the entire agreement between you and MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU in relation to the Content you’re licensing. If a court finds any provision of this License Agreement to be unreasonable or unenforceable in any respect, you agree that this License Agreement will nonetheless be enforced to the maximum extent to which it is found by the court to be legally enforceable.
10. This License Agreement will be governed by applicable federal law and the laws of the State of North Carolina, without reference to its choice of law rules. Nothing herein will be interpreted as a waiver of MOORESVILLE CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU’s rights to the Content under federal and state common law and statutes (such as rights of public domain and fair use).